Declare a Major or Minor
- Make an appointment with the SLHS Undergraduate Advisor by calling 612-624-3322 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Expect the appointment to take at least 30 minutes.
- Complete an Educational Planning Questionnaire.
- Download and fill out the Questionnaire before the appointment or complete it as the appointment begins.
- Complete the SLHS Major Declaration Planning Questionnaire (DOC).
- During the appointment with the Undergraduate Advisor, the student and Undergraduate Adviser will fill out a Major or Minor Program form and discuss class scheduling.
For the Major
The student must complete 13 courses (39-40 credits), each with a grade of C- (and a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0) or above to satisfy major requirements. Transfer students who wish obtain a B.A. degree in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences from the University of Minnesota must complete the following:
- A minimum of 24 credits in the College of Liberal Arts
- A minimum of 30 credits at the University of Minnesota
- A minimum of 16 credits in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences at the University of Minnesota
For the Minor
The student must complete 14 upper-level credits in SLHS courses, each with a grade of C- or above (and a cumulative GPA of 2.0) to satisfy minor requirements. Please refer to our Core Curriculum for examples of major and minor programs.